With so many products promising to erase wrinkles, tighten skin, and defy the signs of aging in so many other ways, it's hard to know what really works. We've built this hub to take the guesswork out, with research-based information instead of misleading claims. Find out the best tips for keeping skin looking young, plus what kind of formulas and ingredients to look for based on your skin type and specific concerns.
THE #1 TIP TO DEFY THE AGE
Protect your skin with sunscreen 50. Research shows that UV exposure accounts for at least 80% of the visible signs of aging, including discoloration, wrinkles, and sagging skin. That may sound like old news, but statistics show that a large part of the population is still not putting this essential step into practice.
Do you need motivation? Think of it this way: you can buy all the best anti-aging products in the world, but if you don't protect your skin from the sun, you're ruining all that hard work and wasting your money.
Regardless of your skin type, the common thread is that everyone's skin needs a comprehensive combination of antioxidants (non-aromatic plant extracts, vitamins), skin-restoring ingredients (such as retinol, peptides, niacinamide) and substances (such as glycerin, hyaluronic acid, omega fatty acids, and ceramides) to combat the signs of aging through multiple pathways.
While there are plenty of brilliant ingredients to choose from, the superstars below stand out for their specific anti-aging properties, well established through independent studies.
- Vitamin C to brighten dull skin and diminish uneven skin tone and blemishes.
- Hydroxy acid-based exfoliants to remove accumulated dead skin and smooth texture (something everyone can benefit from).
- Hyaluronic Acid to visibly "plump" and hydrate the skin.
- Concentrated antioxidants to combat environmental stressors that weaken skin's ability to look youthful.
- Niacinamide for enlarged and sagging pores (what some people call “orange peel” skin).
- Retinol for fine lines, wrinkles, and just about any other sign of aging! Retinol is the KING of anti-aging active ingredients.
This is just a snapshot of what you can do with the right skin care to keep your skin youthful.
We will delve more into each asset in the following posts.